Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Going, going, gone

By the time I got back to Nockamixon with my youngest kids to show them the oystercatcher, everyone was still standing around, but the bird was gone. Apparently fifteen minutes before I arrived, the bird started calling, then flew off circling and gaining altitude before heading out.

I did get to see two Horned Grebes, a Pied-billed Grebe, and an Iceland Gull that had been hanging around this week--so all in all another good stop at the lake.

Spring is in the air and I'm getting frisky. Wish me luck for tomorrow's chase!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thats who I always ended up showing up, 15 minutes late! Glad you did get to see some great birds though!

Nature Blog Network Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites