Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Demoted!

Its official. The birding police have demoted me to the position of Casual Birder. Its true, I've been busy writing my doctoral dissertation, and barely glance outside when I'm not either at work or writing at home. I did see a couple hundred Tree Swallows at Peace Valley this morning on the way into the office. I saw a Tufted Titmouse on my porch yesterday. I think I saw a duck yesterday. Maybe. Ok, so I've been negligent in my birding. Maybe even grossly so.

But is that enough to strip me from being a Real Birder anymore?!?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so embarrassing when the birding police pull you over, especially when everybody stares and points. Plus, those khaki uniforms are ridiculous.

Rick Wright said...

Whenever I think of my dissertation--which isn't often, heaven be praised--I can hear the whiny voices of Fish Crows outside the room where I defended....

Nature Blog Network Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites