Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, March 13, 2009

Signs of Spring

Sure as shooting it's Spring in Pennsylvania. Early Spring, but Spring nonetheless!

Yesterday I had a pair of Hairy Woodpeckers courtship displaying outside my window at work, and a Fox Sparrow under the feeders, and a Chipping Sparrow showed up. Flocks of Common Grackles are on the move, and all the cavity nesting birds are singing away. Fish Crows are moving back into the neighborhood. We may yet get a late snowstorm, but we've turned the corner. Spring is in the air!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet the Hairy Woodpecker courtship was a welcomed sight!

We are to be in the lower 40's this weekend! A well deserved warm spell.

Anonymous said...

I have a pair of Bewick's Wrens nesting on my back porch for the second year in a row (that I'm aware of). I'm on the coast of Virginia where they are endangered. Should I notify someone, or just let them live in peace?

Nature Blog Network Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites