Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Yard Birds Update

This past week as I was driving home I saw a Great Blue Heron in my neighbor's pond.  Pulling into my driveway, I walked down to the far corner of my yard and I could barely see the heron standing on the side of the pond.  Bingo!  In three months of living in our new house in New Jersey, the heron was the 67th species for my yard list.  That ties the number of species I was able to see in five years of living in our row home in Perkasie, PA.  Ah the joys of exurban living!

2 comments:

Susan said...

OK. You said it was in your NEIGHBOR's pond. Does that count as being in YOUR yard?
BTW, is that your house in the picture? WOW!!!!
~Susan Knight

birdchaser said...

If you can see or hear the bird FROM your yard, it counts!

Nature Blog Network Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites